Cookies and how they benefit you
Cookies are tiny text files that are placed on your computer, mobile phone or tablet when you browse websites. They are internet-friendly tools that make browsing faster and easier for you.
- Make our website work efficiently and smartly
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve our site's speed
- You share pages on social networks like Facebook
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information
- Pass data to advertising networks or third parties
By clicking 'to continue' it means you are happy to continue using our site as you always have done.
Should you wish to opt out of accepting cookies from our site, the choice is yours of course. However in doing so, you might find our site won't work as efficiently as you would expect.
Please note: we take secure 'phone and email orders. Simply ring Jane on +44 (0)1473 405993 and she will happily go the extra mile to ensure you receive exceptional service.
Website function cookies
Our own cookies
We use session cookies to make our website work including:
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work properly
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site. Please note: session cookies are instantly removed from your computer as soon as you close your browser.
Third party functions
Jane Hamerton, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Social networking cookies
- 'Like' or share buttons for you to share content Facebook and Twitter etc
The privacy implications for this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Visitor statistics cookies
At Jane Hamerton, we use Google Analytics to compile visitor statistics such as:
- How many people visit our website
- Different technologies visitors use (Mac or Windows) which helps identify when our site isn't working as it should
- How long visitors browse our site
Analysing website statistics helps us continuously improve our website standards.
Turning cookies off
You can switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop them from accepting cookies. It is rare for someone to opt to do this as it can limit functunality of this and other websites. Cookies, after all, simply sweeten your experience of the internet.
Please be assured, your privacy, confidentiality and buying security is of the utmost importance to us. All measures to protect you are taken.